Most of the tourists who visit Dubai and even some residents who live there feel that renting a car in Dubai is a better choice than using taxis or public transport; there are dozens of cheap car rental in Dubai and they provide mostly to business travelers and short-term guests, while long-term rentals are accessible from most car rental companies.
Dubai is a city that is best experienced on wheels; the city is built for cars, as most major roads are kept in excellent condition. Apart from the experience of driving on clean wide roads here are several other benefits to cheap car rental and monthly car rental Dubai.
Travel budgeting for a cheap car rental and monthly car rental in Dubai.
Renting a car makes it relatively easy to visit nearby Emirates.
- The risks of road accidents might increase dramatically while driving in a foreign country. If you ever encounter an accident while driving a rental car, the police will report the incident and the compensation of payments will be made to the rental agency (provided you have all the correct legal documents and insurance policy) which will save you the burden of having to deal with it.
- Most citizens here are satisfied with their cars and many luxury cars are available at rental agencies; if driving a Bentley or a Rolls-Royce is expensive for you, then there is no better place to find one than here in cheap car rental Dubai.
Driving License Requirements for cheap rental and monthly car rental in Dubai
There are lots of rules and regulations that are important to visitors who want to drive a car in Dubai; unfortunately, there are a lot of official resources and websites that provide contradictory information. So here is a summary of the most current laws.
- The majority of the world’s country passport as well as those from the Gulf Cooperation Council countries (GCC) including Bahrain, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Kuwait, can drive a rental car with their own home country’s driving license.
- If you are from a country other than the ones listed above, you need to obtain a valid International Driving Permit (IDP). The IDP and the driving license must be issued from the same country and should be kept with you while driving.
- UAE visitors cannot drive a private vehicle, they can only drive rental cars with proper license and insurance coverage. Visitors from the countries listed above can apply for a temporary driver’s license valid for 6 months, which permits them to legally drive a privately owned car. The process is relatively fast and the license can be obtained for a small fee with the proper documents on the same day. However, there may be some other rules if you drive to another Emirate or cross the border to another country.
- Upon obtaining a UAE residence visa, you will be no longer permitted to drive with an international license and you must apply for a UAE driving license.